Congratulations to our dsport 2021 Award recipients for their sporting successes in 2021. These award winners were announced at the Annual General Meeting last night.
Athletics Cup for outstanding achievements in Athletic events to Corran Hanning
- NZ Para athletics ranking for U18/Youth 1st in shotput, discus, and hammer
- Wellington Sports Awards Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- College Sport Wellington Disabled Sports Athlete of the Year – Boys
Caltex Novice Trophy awarded to athlete from any sporting code to Ben Fisher who reached quarter finals at Boccia National Championships
Carlyle Trophy for the most input to dpsort from non-committee member for coaching, mentoring and support to Sarah Barry, Wheelchair Rugby Team manager
Boccia Cup for outstanding achievements in Boccia to Hyran Daymond who won Silver in BC3 Individual at National Championships and is ranked # 2 in BC3 in NZ
Swimming Cup for outstanding achievements in Swimming to Erin Knox
- 2021 National Age Groups - 2nd 50m Free, 100m Free, 100m Back
- 2021 North Island Secondary Schools - 1st 100m IM, 50m Back, 50m & 100m Free, 50m Fly
- College Sport Wellington Disabled Sports Athlete of the Year – Girls
- Wellington Swimming Disabled Athlete of the Year
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year for Heretaunga College
Parafed Wellington Trophy for outstanding sporting achievement and representing NZ internationally from any sporting code to Gavin Rolton who was selected to represent NZ at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games in Wheelchair Rugby.